Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm not dead yet

They say the solo practitioner is extinct; gone the way of the dinosaur.

Close, perhaps; but not quite yet. I am still here; taking care of patients one by one, day in and day out, closing in on the end of my second decade in the solo private practice of Family Medicine.

Truth to tell, things are very tough. My income has declined in each of the last four years, so I don't know how much longer, realistically, I'm going to be able to continue.

So come along and watch as one of the last dinosaurs meanders along, trying to avoid stepping into the tar pit while worrying that it's already knee deep in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home