Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Have Arrived

I have noted previously that I blog for myself. I've been though (and gotten over) sitemeter addiction and other assorted cravings for various awards. But I have to confess that there was one new-ish award out there that was so cool, I really was hoping to garner one for myself to add to my sidebar. It was this that prompted me to enter the following contest by Rob at Musings of a Distractible Mind. Of course I was too lazy to compose a limerick, as originally requested, but when he got desperate and began pleading for anything, "Even a haiku," I jumped at the opportunity:
Random neurons fire
impulses hither and yon,
distracting the mind.
Obviously written especially for Dr. Rob. A few days later, I was tremendously touched as he returned the poetic favor:
Dinosaur, Dinosaur,
Where have you gone?
Dinosaur, Dinosaur,
What has gone wrong?

The world was unfriendly,
The atmosphere mean,
The predators many,
The nourishment lean.

The world once was fertile,
With plenty to reap,
The food was abundant,
For both strong and weak.

But terrible predators
Invaded the land;
Too hungry to fill,
And too strong to withstand.

And so now your number
Is regrettably shrinking.
The stalwarts remain
With their prospects still sinking,

Will anyone save you,
Our dinosaur friend?
Can anyone fix
What is causing your end?

But sadly I see no way
From your distress;
For forces too potent
Are making this mess.

And what seals this fate
Of your fatal condition?
The fact that your only hope’s
From politicians.
And now, the icing on the cake (and not the nasty fake-whipped-cream-Costco icing, but the rich, sweet, supermarket buttercream kind) is the reward of the Golden Llama:



Thanks, Dr. Rob. Really.

6 Comments:

At Sun Jan 18, 03:57:00 PM, Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

Congratulations! Nice Award. Love the play on your words, as well as Robs. (Hugs)Indigo

 
At Sun Jan 18, 04:15:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Rob said...

You clearly deserved it. I am honored that you are honored.

We PCP's have to hang together.

 
At Sun Jan 18, 07:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve the champagne butter cream frosting our local bakery makes. Hmm. Congrats!!

 
At Mon Jan 19, 06:39:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hmm. I like Costco icing. Congrats on the llama. LOL.

 
At Tue Jan 20, 12:49:00 AM, Blogger jmb said...

Congratulations Dino. Well deserved too. A master of the bon mot or rather the bon haiku. Mind you Rob is no slouch himself.

 
At Tue Jan 20, 03:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! well deserved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home