Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Laws of the Dinosaur

First Law:
The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature takes its course.
Second Law:
It is impossible to make an asymptomatic patient feel better.
Third Law:
The urgency of the test is inversely proportional to the IQ of the insurance company preauthorization clerk.

Anyone have more to add? (And no fair snarfing from House of God, which I know by heart.)

2 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Big Lebowski Store said...

How about one of the oldest chestnuts there are?

No good deed goes unpunished.

Sometimes I wonder why I do this friggin' job.

best,

Flea

 
At Thu Sep 07, 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A patient's willingness to attend for a screening test is inversely related to the likelihood that they need it?

I'm just offering that one as something like it seems to come up every time that a doctor writes about universal screening programmes.

Regards - Shinga

 

Post a Comment

<< Home