Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Won

Well, I did it.

Even with a full time office practice, family, house and pets to care for, not to mention a new blog to nurture, somehow I managed to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days (26, actually.)

Full disclosure: it's not actually finished, even though I crossed the 50K word finish line this evening. But I have every intention of finishing the story, such as it is, sometime in the next four days, as I am very close to The End.

Is it any good? Who knows.

I can tell you that the story didn't turn out quite the way I thought it would when I started. I'm sure it has its moments, though I don't think it's as good as last year's novel (which I edited, polished and self-published.) Then again, I haven't gone back and actually read it yet, so I have no idea what -- if anything -- will become of it.

But for the moment I am just basking in the glow (and icing my fingers.)

3 Comments:

At Mon Nov 27, 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Sid Schwab said...

Where can we find the self-published one? Oh, and congrats. I thought about it, but couldn't muster the energy.

 
At Mon Nov 27, 05:18:00 PM, Blogger MedStudentGod (MSG) said...

Very impressive Dino. Your abilities to multitask are quite commendable. I have no chance doing any of that with much success - one thing at a time right now.

Cheers,
MSG

P.S.I would also like to know where to get the self-published book.

 
At Wed Nov 29, 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I'm so jealous...I wanted to do this so much--perhaps next year.

Hh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home