Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Seasons' Greetings

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally, a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious or sexual preferences of the wishers.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

Credit: John Eakin of Airsafety.com (email: reports@airsafety.com) and my father, who found this on the internet and printed it out for me, because I don't think he knows what the "forward" button on the email screen means.

(That's probably not true; I think he thought it would be easier for him to just hand me the piece of paper when I saw him over the holiday. Thanks, Dad.)

(And Dad: If you ever doubted me, please note the full attribution/credit duly given. Happy?)

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 27, 08:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am exceedingly happy.
/s/ Dad, who does indeed know the forward button which he has used a zillion times.

 
At Thu Jan 11, 08:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm with Dr. Dino on this one. I share said Dad with Dr. Dino, and recently Dad emailed all of us siblings to report that our long-ago pediatrician had recently joined “the passing parade” and that he would fax us each a copy of the obit. I responded to all by posting a link to the obit, which appeared online version of our local newspaper. (But you HAVE come a long way, Dad!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home