Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Put the Beverage Down

This lady notices that her skin is sagging badly, making her look really old. So she decides it's time to go to the plastic surgeon.

The doctor comes in and listens to her tale of wrinkles and woe, examines her and says, "I have just the thing. It's a brand new operation called "The Knob." We implant the Knob under your scalp; once a year you give it a twist and it pulls everything up, tightening it beautifully. It lasts about 10 years."

"Great," she says, and has the surgery.

Sure enough, each year she twists the Knob under her scalp and all the wrinkles get pulled up; she looks great. But after about 11 years, she notices that now she's got these big bags and dark circles under her eyes. So she goes back to the plastic surgeon, who recognizes her immediately and says, "How's the Knob working for you?"

"Well," she answers, "It was great for about 10 years, but now I've got these bags and circles under my eyes."

The surgeon looks closely and says, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but those are your breasts."

"Ah," says the woman. "That explains the beard."

7 Comments:

At Wed Apr 02, 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

hahahaha. too funny.

 
At Thu Apr 03, 03:38:00 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Laughed aloud at this. Thank you.

 
At Thu Apr 03, 07:50:00 AM, Blogger CrankyProf said...

But does it explain the bad breath?

 
At Thu Apr 03, 08:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinosaur, the last time I heard that one, I fell off my dinosaur, laughing.

 
At Thu Apr 03, 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

 
At Thu Apr 03, 09:20:00 PM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

OMG, Cranky!!!

I'm not sure whether I'm going to die laughing or puking!

 
At Sat Apr 05, 09:18:00 PM, Blogger tk said...

OMG! Thank you for the beverage alert! Geez, my eyes are tearing over that one . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home