Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Science I Can Get Behind

Thanks to CrankyProf, for a truly scary glimpse at the future of the race, aka "dumb shit overheard on campus." Then again, I must confess that the last comment resonated with me:
We learned about calories in physics and chemistry today. I figure since calories are really a heat thingy, frozen food doesn’t count!
Excellent point! For those of us on perpetual diets, I'm thrilled to realize that frozen foods, by definition, have no calories. (Kind of like broken cookies; the calories spill out of them.)

5 Comments:

At Mon Mar 30, 10:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My rule is anything that I have to reach up high for is calorie-free. Hence, all the cookies are sitting on top of the fridge.

 
At Mon Mar 30, 02:09:00 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum (aka Prof. Bosler) said...

I am all over this one. Oh, and also the one where if you break your food in half all the calories fall out. Works well for cookies and other fun snacks.

 
At Wed Apr 01, 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Shay said...

And of course the negative calories in diet sodas off-set the positive calories in cheeseburgers!

 
At Sat Apr 11, 09:52:00 PM, Anonymous dr. bean said...

Once in the depths of residency sleep deprivation I decided to go on an ice cube diet. I calculated on a Pizza Hut napkin that I would need to eat 40 ice cubes a day to lose weight (20 lb in 6 months!) Then I would write a book and get rich. I was in the midst of hysterical triumphant laughter when I remembered that food Calories were 1000 calories and I needed to eat 40,000 ice cubes.

 
At Mon Jan 04, 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Amy said...

My personal favorite the last few years has been the nursing diet. Any items consumed over top of a nursing child are calorie negated, as calories pass directly to the nursling in question.

Only time I ever 'cover up' while nursing. Keeps the cookie crumbs of the kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home