Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Secret Handshake

It turns out this crotchety old guy in his 80's whom I've known for years has a sister, also in her 80's, whom I've known for just as long. Listening them to them bicker squabble talk like kids 70+ years their junior is hilarious.

They have this secret handshake from their first childhood. It's in German, because they were born in Vienna, Austria. I've wanted to get it on video for years, and I finally succeeded (on a crappy phone camera, but so what):



(The best part is at the very end. Play it again if you missed the guy's brutally honest self-critique.)

6 Comments:

At Thu Jul 16, 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ich sprechen nur ein klein deutch...but that was hysterical--especially the end!!

PAttie, RN

 
At Thu Jul 16, 07:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By George, that was a heady experience!

What a potty mouth that COG has.

Love,

Kensington MD

 
At Sun Jul 19, 05:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's hilarious! i listened a few times, and it seems to be a pretty random string of words.

house, mouse, horror, hip-hip-hooray, "smacking kisses", jupiter, spinach, orange juice.

 
At Mon Jul 20, 01:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Anonymous: a great translation, that!
COG

To Mc Donalds:
Did you really mean to post this comment in conection with this?
Really COG

 
At Tue Jul 21, 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear COG,

I hope I didn't reveal some sort of secret by translating the "secret" handshake!
I too grew up in Austria, but never had any secret handshakes.

Anonymous translator.

 
At Wed Jul 22, 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous NK said...

So sweet...
HEY - Amazon just sent me an email that my order has shipped! (YOUR BOOK!) I'll probably have it before the 4th. doncha think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home