Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Ninth Law of the Dinosaur (Tenth, too!)

Cathy is in a bit of a funk, but I have to thank her because in responding to her I realized that I have not yet articulated what I'm calling here the Ninth Law of the Dinosaur, but is actually my own personal Prime Directive in life:
Part A: It has to be fun.
Part B: If it isn't fun, see Part A.
The idea, of course, being that if it's not fun (whatever "it" is, be it blogging, practicing, writing, whatever) then something needs to change in order to make it fun again.

Simple, right?

Just remember, no one ever said that "simple" and "easy" were the same thing.

Hey hey hey!! There's Dino Law #10:
"Simple" and "Easy" are not necessarily the same.
Thanks, Cathy. What would I do without you!

4 Comments:

At Tue Nov 28, 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Richard A Schoor MD FACS said...

Absolutely! When your job is no longer fun, change jobs, go solo, or stop complaining.

 
At Wed Nov 29, 05:10:00 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

You would be minus two laws of the Dinosaur!...:)

You have given me much to consider!

 
At Wed Nov 29, 05:49:00 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Hmmmm...your next book might oughta be about the LAWS.

Hh

 
At Wed Nov 29, 05:59:00 PM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

*IF* things ever got to the point where I'd consider compiling a book from my blog, I suppose "Laws of the Dinosaur" would make as good a title as any.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home