Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, May 07, 2007

That's One Way to Teach the Lesson

As I was drawing blood from a lovely older lady today, I noticed that she had a bit of lipstick on one of her front teeth. She was on her way to work at an upscale jewelry store, so I quietly mentioned it to her. She thanked me as she wiped it off, and told me the following story:

When babysitting her grandchildren, her oldest granddaughter likes to try getting away without brushing her teeth. One evening Grandma mentioned that she had partial dentures, one upper and one lower. Granddaughter asked to see them, curious about what Grandma looked like without them, so my patient removed them and let the children inspect them, and her visage without them.

The little girl ran upstairs to brush her teeth very well, and has never forgotten since.

(Blogged with permission)

1 Comments:

At Mon May 07, 10:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that story! Very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home