Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Politics Can Be Hazardous

Driving back from a satisfying and productive shopping trip in the beautiful state of Delaware (home of tax-free shopping; nice touch when purchasing computer equipment) Darling Spouse is zipping along in the passing lane of a two-lane portion of northbound route 202. I see a white SUV in the travel lane moving a bit slower than we are. As we gain on it, I note with some alarm that it's drifting towards the center line and in fact appears to be encroaching on our lane. I grip the armrest, but DS manages to maneuver safely past it.

As we pass, I see the source of the problem. There is a decal on the rear window that says, "Obama '08."

Although I didn't have the nerve, what I really want to do was open the window and shout at the driver, "I respect your politics, but for the moment, PLEASE KEEP TO THE RIGHT."


At Mon Sep 22, 09:45:00 AM, Anonymous 3rd year vet student said...


Don't you know that SUVs don't have to follow the rules?

At Mon Sep 22, 11:54:00 AM, OpenID crankylitprof said...

S'OK. On the same stretch of 202, I routinely see a H3 (completely tricked-out Humvee) with an Obama sticker and a "No Blood for Oil!" sticker.

At Tue Sep 23, 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Jared At The Doctor Job said...

Well played.

At Wed Sep 24, 10:01:00 AM, Blogger WhiteCoat said...

That would make a good political campaign ad.

At Thu Sep 25, 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Doc said...

A Democrat in an SUV?

At Sat Sep 27, 12:40:00 AM, Blogger SeaSpray said...

That's funny!


Post a Comment

<< Home