Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Politics Can Be Hazardous

Driving back from a satisfying and productive shopping trip in the beautiful state of Delaware (home of tax-free shopping; nice touch when purchasing computer equipment) Darling Spouse is zipping along in the passing lane of a two-lane portion of northbound route 202. I see a white SUV in the travel lane moving a bit slower than we are. As we gain on it, I note with some alarm that it's drifting towards the center line and in fact appears to be encroaching on our lane. I grip the armrest, but DS manages to maneuver safely past it.

As we pass, I see the source of the problem. There is a decal on the rear window that says, "Obama '08."

Although I didn't have the nerve, what I really want to do was open the window and shout at the driver, "I respect your politics, but for the moment, PLEASE KEEP TO THE RIGHT."

6 Comments:

At Mon Sep 22, 09:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah!

Don't you know that SUVs don't have to follow the rules?

 
At Mon Sep 22, 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

S'OK. On the same stretch of 202, I routinely see a H3 (completely tricked-out Humvee) with an Obama sticker and a "No Blood for Oil!" sticker.

 
At Tue Sep 23, 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Jared At The Doctor Job said...

Well played.

 
At Wed Sep 24, 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That would make a good political campaign ad.

 
At Thu Sep 25, 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Doc said...

A Democrat in an SUV?

 
At Sat Sep 27, 12:40:00 AM, Blogger SeaSpray said...

That's funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home