Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Plural of "Anecdote"

Not offering an opinion of my own about the state of the economy based on the observation that the King of Prussia mall made a zoo look sedate this weekend, but comparing and contrasting some other proffered opinions from around the blogosphere:

From The Well-Timed Period:
On Broadway early this morning, all the stores on the Upper West Side--Loehmann's, Barnes&Noble, etc.--were open but the traffic was puny. The one notable exception was the new Apple store, it was packed. But, the odd thing was that half the people were store employees. There was almost a 1:1 ratio of shoppers to red shirts.

Couple the observation about store traffic with the fact that I just saw, for the first time ever, an "Apartment available" sign on both West End Ave. and CPW and my sense is that we still have a way to go with this economic recovery.
From Happy the Hospitalist:
I snapped this picture [picture of checkout line wending perhaps 30 yards from store entrance; can't really tell much from it] while waiting in the checkout line at Shopko during the greatest recession in more than 50 years. Based on the number of people waiting in this checkout alne, I'd say the recession is over.
There you have it.


(Then again, considering the sources I'd have to say the economy is still in big trouble, given that HH is reliably full of shit.)

5 Comments:

At Sun Nov 29, 04:22:00 PM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

"(Then again, considering the sources I'd have to say the economy is still in big trouble, given that HH is reliably full of shit.)"

I. Love. You.

 
At Sun Nov 29, 07:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So HH photoshopped is the claim?

 
At Mon Nov 30, 05:46:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Anonymous 7:58, Dino said that HH is reliably full of shit. Given the title and content of the post, why are you reading things into Dino's words that aren't there?

 
At Mon Nov 30, 03:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I refer you to Dino's own words:

'(Then again, considering the sources I'd have to say the economy is still in big trouble, given that HH is reliably full of shit.)'

This would seem to mean that she questions the veracity of HH's post. Since his post was, in essence, a picture, one can only assume that she is questioning the picture itself, ie. is it doctored(AKA photoshopped).

I understand the whole post is rather tongue-in-cheek, but then so was my comment. You're the one who got your panties all in a wad.

 
At Fri Dec 04, 04:44:00 AM, Blogger Rogue Medic said...

The stock market is not looking strong, retailers reported a lot of losses Thursday morning, and HH is stating that the stores are crowded?

I guess it is time to buy some puts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home