Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Responding to the Challenge

I received the following email from the NinjaBaker:
I had a really odd dream last night. It included Glenn Beck. One of the first things he said to me was "I got your Mom's haiku". I then wondered how he recognized me as your son (especially cause I imagine you might have emailed it to him), and he said something about how I breathed or spoke.

Anyway, upon waking and remembering this, I was wondering what kind of haiku you would write to Glenn Beck. I imagine it would have something to do with firmly disagreeing with his beliefs, including a few choice words, but I couldn't picture fitting it all into merely 17 syllables.

Consider this a challenge from my subconscious.
One way to cheat trick to getting around the strict 17 syllable limit is to use a series of haikus:

Dreaming of Glenn Beck,
the idiots' idiot:
subconscious challenge.

Word: "Conservative."
I do not think that it means
what you think it means.

Too stupid for words;
So wrong he's not even wrong.
Not worth the effort.

<3

9 Comments:

At Fri Feb 26, 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

I'll bite -

Right wing paid mouthpiece
Bringing down the human race
To an all time low

 
At Fri Feb 26, 10:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you believe them/him to be stupid, then why don't you bring up some facts that you believe he has wrong rather than resorting to fifth-grade name calling? Otherwise, this is just nonsense that lacks substance.

 
At Fri Feb 26, 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Bardiac said...

^^LOL.

Perhaps because haiku as a form doesn't lend itself well to multiple quotations and citations?

Perhaps because this is a playful blogpost in response to a the NinjaBaker's playful challenge?

 
At Fri Feb 26, 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous Cindy said...

Or perhaps...Dino has been spending days and days trying to think of a way to upset Anonymous, and this is what she came up with? Yeah, because it's not like she has a medical practice to tend to or anything. She spends her time plotting against Anonymous and now she got 'em!!!

:-D

 
At Fri Feb 26, 02:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making the most noise
The barrel thereby betrays
Its own emptiness

 
At Sat Feb 27, 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Felix Kasza said...

Haikus tell no stories.
Impressionist snapshots
don't come in series

 
At Sat Feb 27, 11:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just a stupid post.

 
At Mon Mar 01, 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Charleen said...

Haikus do tell stories, just look at the ones by Itaru Ina in the ND Museum of Art exhibit "Snow Country Prison: Interned in North Dakota." He had one son at the time he was interned and wrote in his "journal"
I’m leaving—
but the sun-tanned child
doesn’t know.
I don't know about you but that says everything about how he felt about leaving his son.
As for your haiku on Glen Beck, you most definitely fit the Democrat image!

 
At Wed Mar 03, 12:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good haiku need nature imagery, otherwise they're senryu.

A chill wind blowing.
Deride those who disagree!
Who needs dialogue?

A kettle vents steam.
Signaling rising pressure.
A wise one listens.

Dung -- a steaming pile.
Most journalists serve this.
Main stream media.

Disingenuous.
The Left has its own blowhards.
Hello, Chris Matthews!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home