Call for Contest Submissions
Alternative post titles were:
- Lessons from my Father
- How to Say "Fuck You" So Elegantly They Don't Even Know You've Said It
- Open to all bloggers
- Submissions to consist of classy "Screw you" (or "Fuck off and die," for the euphemistically challenged) letters of no more than 250 words. (Edit: Not limited to medical or legal; may be on any topic.)
- Must have been written (or received, if you have the nerve) by the submitter.
- Do NOT have to have actually been sent (ie, yes, you can just make one up for the contest.)
- Email submissions to NotDeadDinosaur-at-msn-dot-com.
- Contest deadline: January 31st.
- Must include "Ok to post on the blog" in the email.
- Entries will be posted anonymously, (edit: after January 31st) without the submitter's name or email address.
- All judges decisions will be final and completely arbitrary, although feedback from the comments may be taken into account.
- (Must provide a real name and address to actually receive the prize. Yes, I'm willing to spring for overseas postage, mainly because I'm dying to see what the likes of Shinga and Dork come up with.) (Edited: But you don't have to provide it unless/until you win.)
What kind of fucked up place are you running? Everything went wrong with my hospital stay last week!Right way:
I am well aware that your hospital provides flawless care to thousands of patients each year. Unfortunately, this was not the case during my recent admission.Note: Including a "Wrong way" version is optional, and does not count toward the 250 word limit.
(No, Dad, you may not enter because:
- I snarfed your favorite example.
- You already have my book.
- You know who I am.