Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's That Time Again

Tuesday rolls around so quickly each week, and now it is finally my turn to formally request submissions for the coming edition of Grand Rounds. For those with a right-sided hemianopsia (inability to see to the right, where my sidebar topped by the words "Grand Rounds" is located) let me re-hash the following:
In keeping with the theme of "I'm not dead yet", what do you remember from long ago that has disappeared, even though you thought it would last forever? Or, conversely, what's new in your world that you never in your wildest dreams could ever have imagined? Or: what did you expect to be temporary or fleeting that has, to your surprise, stood the test of time? (Basically anything about change, or lack thereof.)
On the topic of GR themes: although I present myself as an opinionated curmudgeon, I am in reality more of a pandering wuss. Therefore themed submissions are OPTIONAL.

Submissions should be sent here, preferably with the words "Grand Rounds" included somewhere in the Subject line so that I can more easily sort them out from offers to enlarge my mortgage payments and shrink my penis by purchasing Xanax, Vicodin, and other non-prescription substances.

5 Comments:

At Sun Feb 25, 02:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I hope you are feeling better!

 
At Sun Feb 25, 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Stefan D. Tarlow MD said...

I am an orthopedic surgeon specializing in the knee in Scottsdale, Arizona. I followed doctor blogs for the past year and recently started my own. I recently came across your blog and wanted to touch base with other Drs with more experience. I wanted to invite you to visit my blog at http://tarlowmd.blogspot.com and would enjoy hearing any comments that you have. Keep up the good work.
-Dr. Tarlow

 
At Mon Feb 26, 09:37:00 PM, Blogger The Angry Medic said...

Ooh, you're hosting Grand Rounds soon? I must remember to visit and link to it. (Won't be submitting this time, thanks to my valiant attempts to fail my degree by acting in as many plays as possible this term).

Ditto Cathy; hope you're feeling better!

 
At Wed Feb 28, 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Wow, sorry I missed submitting to your first hosting. I could have given you something on that theme! Great job, I'm off to read.

 
At Wed Feb 28, 07:49:00 PM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

"First" hosting? Egads, woman! What do you think you're getting me into?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home