Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Dinosaur with the Red Face

I swear I came up with Salmonella as a random example of a readily treatable, generally non-fatal disease to use as an analogy for my feelings about the HPV vaccine. Then yesterday I hear about the multi-state Salmonella outbreak attributed to peanut butter! And today I see a family with diarrhea and vomiting who've all eaten peanut butter from the affected lot.

I'd better not ever mention Bubonic plague.

1 Comments:

At Fri Feb 16, 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

We have all eaten the salmonella peanut butter too. Since the kids were all sick weeks ago (and apparently I am a slacker mom because I never thought they were sick enough to go to the doctor), and are all healthy now, I guess we don't need to bother seeing a doctor now. Next time you mention a disease, could you give me some advance warning about what food we will be getting it from so I know to avoid it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home