Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Can't Fool a Kid

I saw a 6-year-old for allergies today. As he and his mom were checking in (and chit-chatting with me in the front hallway) a female drug rep came in, left some samples for drugs for which I write frequent prescriptions, and left.

I had a lovely visit with the kid. When we were done, he took the superbill and headed back towards the front desk to redeem it for his sticker. As soon as he caught sight of the desk, he stopped and turned back to his mom (with whom I was still chatting.)

"There's a man up there who looks like the woman who was here before."

Different gender; different color suit; no computer (still in its case, as it turned out.) But there was indeed another drug rep waiting for me at the front desk, recognizable by a 6-year-old from across the room.

1 Comments:

At Fri Apr 13, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Ed said...

The smell of brimstone, I should think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home