Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

This is just too cute!

It's a wonderfully tongue-in-cheek scientific exploration of the ubiquitous Easter treat, Marshmallow Peeps. As it happens, I have three packages of them to enjoy once Passover is over. Unfortunately, after perusing this site I may not in good conscience be able to eat them.

My favorite line on the whole site was this, in the section on "Solubility Testing":
Given enough time, the proper resources, and access to some really toxic stuff, one can probably dissolve just about anything except Peep eyes.
Happy Easter, everyone.


At Sun Apr 08, 01:57:00 PM, Anonymous RJS said...

Peeps. Are. Vile.

No really. The devil himself couldn't concoct a more abhorrent... thing if his life depended on it.

Except maybe tapioca. Hmm. That's a close one.

At Sun Apr 08, 03:57:00 PM, Blogger Bardiac said...

But they're great actors! See, Peeps do Romeo and Juliet!

At Mon Apr 09, 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous beajerry said...

The peep surgery cracked me up!

At Wed Apr 11, 11:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In physics class in high school, we had the Annual Peep Off every year around Easter. The teacher would place a peep inside a container and turn the inside into a vacuum. The peep would explode, we would laugh, then we'd do it all again. Actually, that doesn't say anything good about my psyche, does it?

At Mon Apr 16, 05:39:00 AM, Anonymous Signout said...

Another MOT! I knew I liked you.

At Mon Mar 17, 07:53:00 PM, Anonymous Lorinda said...

I'm slowing reading through, and enjoying your archives. You really have to try nuking a peep. It's worth the sacrifice, as you'd have a hard time eating it afterwards. The results are extraordinary.


Post a Comment

<< Home