Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Well, If You Look at it That Way...

So after bragging about my wonderful handwriting, I had to share this:

I saw a patient in the office today, very upset about something-or-other. I did my evaluation and counseling thing, then wrote her a refill prescription for her Ativan.

She took it in her hand, looked at it and said, "I can't even read this."

As my eyebrows flew to my hairline and I prepared to sputter, she added:
"Oh, wait; it's upside down."

5 Comments:

At Mon Jun 04, 08:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe she took two before she came to see you.

What does Ativan treat except to get the patient out of your office in less than 10 minutes ?

Mike

 
At Mon Jun 04, 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

:)

 
At Tue Jun 05, 09:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ativan scares me . . .

 
At Tue Jun 05, 03:26:00 PM, Blogger XE said...

Ahahahaha!!!

 
At Tue Jun 05, 08:45:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Too funny, Dino! Bet you nearly swallowed your stethoscope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home