How to Learn New Curse Words
Making the most of an opportunity:
- Call husband of Darling Spouse's niece; the one who lives in Brooklyn and lives and dies by the Mets.
- Casually ask if he happened to catch today's baseball game (Phillies 10, Mets 6)
- Listen carefully.
- Take notes.
- Ask what he thought of Mets' relief pitcher Jorge Sosa walking in the tie-breaking run in the 6th inning.
- Ask what he thought of pinch-hitter Greg Dobbs' 6th inning Grand Slam home run right after the aforementioned tie-breaking walk.
- Say, "I lost count; how many errors did the Mets have?" (Answer: 6)
- Say, "Remind me: how many times in a row now have the Phils beaten the Mets?" (Answer: 8)