Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Seventh Night of Hanukkah

This is easily the quirkiest, the wildest, the most "Do I really have the nerve to buy this thing?" menorah in my collection, but I adore it (ever since I got up the nerve to buy it.) I think of it as "The Joy of Love":

It's about ten inches long and six inches high, made of metal, by an artist named Jeffrey Manpearl. It looks kind of like me and Darling Spouse in profile.

(Sorry for that visual.)

6 Comments:

At Mon Dec 10, 05:31:00 PM, Blogger rlbates said...

The first thing I thought of when I say it was "Joy". It feels joyful! I love it.

 
At Tue Dec 11, 12:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite so far, but I am really enjoying the series and looking forward to the "special" one tomorrow. Thanks for doing this- great idea!

 
At Tue Dec 11, 03:08:00 AM, Blogger jmb said...

My goodness, how can you top this one? How playful.

 
At Tue Dec 11, 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Fran said...

I love this one!

How did they get my profile on there?!?!

 
At Tue Dec 11, 11:22:00 AM, Blogger William the Coroner said...

Awwwww

 
At Sat Jun 07, 01:07:00 PM, Blogger annulla said...

I bought this menorah (well, one that looks just like it) yesterday, was googling for more information about the artist and found your blog. Great collection! And I agree, this is a joyous menorah.


Blather From Brooklyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home