Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shamelessly Stolen

Partly to assuage blogger's block; partly because they're so good they need to be shared (and shared again, in some cases):

Maria, this is one of the most amazing essays on emotion I have ever read. I, too, find it easier in many ways to edit the writing of others than to generate my own, but the leap you make into the role of language in the interaction between emotions and behavior is nothing short of fascinating. Amazing.

Medblog Addict, you find the most amazing videos. How do you do it?:



You really have to issue beverage alerts; also known as spew warnings. That's why you're always broke from people hitting you up -- legitimately -- to replace keyboards, laptops and monitors.

In a similar but totally different vein, here's the first "funny video" I saw on the internet that way pre-dated YouTube, although it's now been uploaded there countless times:



Predictably, my writing production has fallen off dramatically since hitting the meaningless mark of 50,000 words. A word to the 101 Reasons to Stop Writing commenters: Sean's site is meant to be funny (I think; at least I find it so.) What I find amusing is his implied belief that people who do NaNo really think of it as "writing novels" and of themselves as "writers." It's a case of a joke not being funny if you have to explain it. Ah, well.

3 Comments:

At Thu Nov 29, 06:58:00 AM, Blogger Dino William Ramzi said...

I agree about Maria's post. I've been posting a sort of "literary top 3" for the past couple of months. I've wondered if it was worth doing. It seems you would agree that it is worth highlighting the best writing, sidestepping other valuable forms of blogging.

Care to join me in the effort?

 
At Thu Nov 29, 10:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thank you Dr. Dinosaur (and Dr. Ammon!). And, to playfully poke at you about the use of language and emotions--nay, this isn't "stealing", it's "sharing".... ;)

(This is also the shortest Captcha word I've ever had to type into the Blogger box: "pkkzg")

 
At Fri Nov 30, 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Medblog Addict said...

I get these videos from other bored attorneys who play on the internet instead of working.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home