Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Precision

When I was very young, my father once tried to impress upon me how very old a certain relative had been:
"Do you realize Uncle Shlomo was almost 80 when he died?"
My response:
"You mean he was 79."
Time passed -- as it is wont to do -- and last June, when my father turned 79, I vowed to spend the entire year calling him "almost 80."

Just to show I can take it as well as I can dish it out, I would like to share that today I am officially "almost 50."

9 Comments:

At Tue Mar 04, 07:16:00 AM, Blogger MedStudentGod (MSG) said...

Happy almost 50th!

 
At Tue Mar 04, 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

Happy Birthday #1! And so nice to meet you, father of #1...

 
At Tue Mar 04, 10:25:00 AM, Blogger rlbates said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it will be a blessed one!

 
At Tue Mar 04, 11:56:00 AM, Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Hey, big birthday greetings there, Dino!! I should have known you were another March baby (like myself). Fear not, 50 ain't so bad; and once you get there, doesn't sound nearly so old as before you get there. As my dad told me when I got there: "forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age."

 
At Tue Mar 04, 02:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! (Heh. I've got three months on you.)

 
At Wed Mar 05, 01:29:00 AM, Blogger jmb said...

Happy Birthday Dino, a whole year to plan a great party for next March 4th.

 
At Wed Mar 05, 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Hey, happy birthday. Gawd, I'm older than you...

 
At Fri Mar 07, 09:39:00 PM, Blogger tk said...

Happy birthday--I can't believe I missed it this year!

 
At Fri Mar 14, 10:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you (still!) get to do everything first? That's not fair! Hey, wait a minute -- actually, it's okay if you are "almost 50" before me.

Happy 49th birthday! Thanks for fearlessly paving the way.

Love,

Kensington MD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home