Warning: Another Pharmacy Rant
- Idiot, moronic, too-stupid-to-live patients who don't bring all their meds in, even though they say that all their meds are in the bag.
- Fucking asshole gastroenterologists who can't be bothered to drop me a line after scoping said patient, giving them Protonix and then changing it to some other PPI; again, without ever letting me know.
- Cum-burbling trout-fucking (thanks again, CrankyProf) chain-store pharmacists who send me requests to preauthorize Prilosec WITHOUT EVEN FUCKING NOTICING THAT THE PATIENT ALREADY HAD A SCRIPT FOR ANOTHER PPI-- complete with refills -- ON FILE!!!
- Prilosec will never be covered because it's available OTC (even though he needs 40 mg. BID) but that,
- Another PPI will go right through.
Jaysus H. Kee-reist! Any independent pharmacist -- excuse me, I mean any pharmacist with more than 2.5 functioning neurons; oh, wait; that's the same thing -- would have noticed the therapeutic duplication and would have called me on the spot to help clarify the situation. I know; they do it all the time. But no; not this IDIOT working for a pharmacy chain that will remain nameless (though its initials could stand for CardioVascular System) just looks at the new prescription (that the patient waited almost a month to fill; that's why he's #1 on the above list) and FAXES ME A FUCKING REQUEST FOR A GODDAMN MOTHER-FUCKING PRE-CERT!! Angry Pharmacist would never do that. Then again, AP probably already fired your idiot ass and the only place that would hire you without a brain was that stupid chain.
So not only have I lost an hour of my life -- did I mention that it's an hour I'll never get back? -- but I'm also shaking with fury, wasting perfectly good catecholamines that could be used ranting about something I haven't already beaten to death.