Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous #1:

Friend talking about his daughter's last law school exam (not CrankyProf; congrats to Mr. Cranky too, though):
It must be such a relief; I told her it must feel like taking a really good shit.
Miscellaneous #2:

Phone call at 4:00 am:

Patient's husband: "My wife just fell down the stairs. Should I take her to the hospital, or just put ice on it?"

Me: "How badly is she hurt?"

Him: (muffled) "How badly are you hurt?"

Later: sharing the exchange with my staff; one of them asked me, "What was she doing up at 4:00 am?"

The only answer I could come up with:
"Going downstairs."
Miscellaneous #3:

Darling Spouse got an obscure answer correct on Jeopardy.

Me: "How did you know that?"

DS: "I'm smart."

Me: "No, really; how did you know that?"

3 Comments:

At Wed May 14, 11:37:00 PM, Blogger Shay said...

and you're still alive?

 
At Thu May 15, 04:27:00 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

with no. 3

I think that could be grounds for divorce. ;-)

 
At Thu May 15, 08:35:00 AM, Blogger CrankyProf said...

Thanks!


Now, gimme something for hangover....

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home