Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

At Last

What do you say when a long-awaited dream comes true?

How do you express your exhilaration as your adopted city explodes with joy?

What does it feel like to finally shake off the moniker of "chokers"?

Let me count the ways:
  1. Go out at 11:00 pm to buy shirts
  2. Drive around like an idiot honking horn until midnight
  3. Look forward to extra visit home by college-age son who is NOT going to miss the parade
  4. Change Facebook Status to "Celebrating!!"
Yes, it's a very good day to be a Philadelphian; whether by birth or by choice:

Phillies win World Series

10 Comments:

At Thu Oct 30, 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband's plan:

Fly back to Detroit from Houston today, landing at 2:30.

Pick up 2.5yr old from daycare, drive to central PA tonight.

Go to parade tomorrow.

Drive back to mid-Michigan on Saturday.

I may need to nix that plan.

 
At Thu Oct 30, 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Jared At The Doctor Job said...

My diehard Phillies friend sent me this, and I thought I'd share it with you:

"Last Night... Joe Carter flied out... Joe Jurevicius was tackled... Robert Horry clanked a last second shot... Scott Stevens was checked by Eric Lindros... Donavon McNabb didn’t throw up. Last Night the Phillies made up for 25 years of broken hearts."

Congratulations!

 
At Thu Oct 30, 05:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just happy they creamed the team that beat my Red Sox!!

By the way, what medical excuse would you suggest for parents wanting to take their kids out of school for the parade?

I'm thinking a 'severe case of Mania Philadelphium.'

 
At Thu Oct 30, 06:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. heh. You're not fooling anyone. We know you did #2.

I was born in Philly and lived there for 14 years. Enjoy the victory; celebrate for me, too. It was a long time in coming.

 
At Thu Oct 30, 07:40:00 PM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

Fudgelady: You mean they're not just canceling school for everyone in the Delaware Valley?

 
At Thu Oct 30, 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

How much do I wish I could be there!

They did it!!!!!!!!

 
At Fri Oct 31, 01:41:00 AM, Blogger The Happy Hospitalist said...

who's in the world series this year?

 
At Fri Oct 31, 03:09:00 AM, Blogger jmb said...

Congratulations Dino, you waited a long time and this time they didn't blow it.

 
At Fri Oct 31, 08:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I had a class in the city; I had to drive through the "enthusiastic celebrations."

We're watching the parade on TV!

 
At Fri Oct 31, 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Oh. And here I was getting all excited-like 'cos I though you were celebrating something else. Nevermind. I'll wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home