Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

United HealthCare; Still Scum of the Earth

Talk about schizophrenic! United HealthCare, here, is supposedly the good guy for buying into the "medical home concept," a 21st century description of what I and all my fellow FPs have been doing all along but tailored to large group practices. (Don't believe me? How can you have a "team approach" with one doctor and no nurse?) And yet my personal UHC experience, shared extensively on Sermo, is that they routinely find creative and random ways to deny payment for services they are legitimately contracted to cover.

Maybe that's where the money is coming from to fund that pilot project in Arizona. Personally, I'd rather get paid for what I've already done rather than getting into bed with them for more promises. My experience shows UHC to be one of the most unreliable contractual partners I've ever encountered. I would advise any physician to think twice before getting more deeply involved with this ruthless organization.

h/t Kevin

3 Comments:

At Thu Feb 12, 09:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it hilarious when UHC denied a radiologist's fee incurred during a 4-day hospital stay when they covered the rest of the bills adding upto 20k. Took three months to sort it out, total waste of everyone's time.

 
At Thu Feb 12, 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

useful acticle.
I voted for this
1 bookmark
-----------------
girlshot

 
At Sat Feb 14, 12:27:00 AM, Blogger The Cog said...

wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home