Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Happy Birthday

Although I am a passionate fan of the Digital Cuttlefish, I'd like to make it quite clear that my father is a similarly skillful (though perhaps not quite as prolific) doggerelist writer poet. It is him to whom I owe my skill talent cognitive quirks.

The following self-explanatory verse is directed to the Jock:

It shouldn't be so hard
To find a birthday card
To wish my darling son a happy day,
But the ones in stores are stupid
and the ones online are putrid,
So I'm going to have to try another way.

Though you're far across the state
I know your birthday couldn't wait,
As you toil away, so far from Eagles Nation;
It's your birthday -- whoop-dee-doo!
I can't believe you're twenty-two,
As you heft another beer in celebration.

So enjoy this DVD,
Charge your dinner out to me;
Your birthday is a perfectly fine reason.
And don't sweat that Super Bowl
Just 'cause Pittsburgh's on a roll,
For the Eagles, there will always be next season.

And to DinoDaughter, his twin, here's one for you, too:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll see you tonight,
So don't complain that I didn't write a special birthday poem just for you too.

3 Comments:

At Fri Feb 06, 06:28:00 PM, Blogger OHN said...

You have very lucky kids :)

 
At Sun Feb 08, 07:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Literally. :)

Love,

Kensington MD

 
At Tue Feb 10, 01:52:00 AM, Blogger jmb said...

Laughing out loud at this one Dino but I have to say I'd be miffed if I was DinoDaughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home