Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

This is just too cute!

It's a wonderfully tongue-in-cheek scientific exploration of the ubiquitous Easter treat, Marshmallow Peeps. As it happens, I have three packages of them to enjoy once Passover is over. Unfortunately, after perusing this site I may not in good conscience be able to eat them.

My favorite line on the whole site was this, in the section on "Solubility Testing":
Given enough time, the proper resources, and access to some really toxic stuff, one can probably dissolve just about anything except Peep eyes.
Happy Easter, everyone.

6 Comments:

At Sun Apr 08, 01:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peeps. Are. Vile.

No really. The devil himself couldn't concoct a more abhorrent... thing if his life depended on it.

Except maybe tapioca. Hmm. That's a close one.

 
At Sun Apr 08, 03:57:00 PM, Blogger Bardiac said...

But they're great actors! See, Peeps do Romeo and Juliet!

http://www.theplainjane.com/peep_plays/rj_scene01.html

 
At Mon Apr 09, 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The peep surgery cracked me up!

 
At Wed Apr 11, 11:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In physics class in high school, we had the Annual Peep Off every year around Easter. The teacher would place a peep inside a container and turn the inside into a vacuum. The peep would explode, we would laugh, then we'd do it all again. Actually, that doesn't say anything good about my psyche, does it?

 
At Mon Apr 16, 05:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another MOT! I knew I liked you.

 
At Mon Mar 17, 07:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm slowing reading through, and enjoying your archives. You really have to try nuking a peep. It's worth the sacrifice, as you'd have a hard time eating it afterwards. The results are extraordinary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home