Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Complimentary Medicine

Forget the issues about whether or not it works. The real problem is that "Complementary Medicine" is misspelled at least half the time.

So when I saw it once again the other day, I couldn't help thinking about what real "complimentary" medicine might be like:


Acupuncture: You look nice today, Chemo. Is that a new wig?

Homeopathy: Hey, Reiki: nice aura!

Reiki: I can always count on you to cheer me up with a great joke, Chiro; you really crack me up!

LLMD: Your needles are so nice and shiny, Acupuncture. How do you keep them so pretty?

Chiro: This water is delicious, Homeopathy! Where do you get it?


and so on...

8 Comments:

At Wed Aug 08, 08:56:00 AM, Blogger oncRN said...

well done. if you weren't already my favorite med blogger, this would have sealed it, but alas it was just icing on the cake.

 
At Wed Aug 08, 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Okay, okay, dammit, I admit it! I had a brain fart - my fingers betrayed me. I fixed it. Really. Go check. Blah.

 
At Wed Aug 08, 12:58:00 PM, Blogger RedSpiral said...

I would happily take a dose of complimentary medicine every single day without complaint. :)

 
At Wed Aug 08, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

You are so right. What about their and there; licence and license and so on. I so enjoy your blog

 
At Wed Aug 08, 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Carver said...

I had to come out from the corner I'm lurking in to tell Lynn that she isn't the only one. I not only misspelled complementary medicine in a sub title, I had the correct spelling directly underneath the misspelled version.

 
At Wed Aug 08, 05:17:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Smak said...

I like it! Perhaps complimentary medicine could be an improvement over complementary medicine. Certainly cheaper, and less chance of side effects or drug interactions.

Now if we could just get people to stop say "cryopracter"...

 
At Wed Aug 08, 05:36:00 PM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

Dr. Smak: That's cold.

 
At Thu Oct 16, 09:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

h

 

Post a Comment

<< Home