Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Black Toenails

I saw a 14-year-old boy for a checkup.

As I was weighing him, I noticed a strange blackish discoloration around his toenails. Given that it was a 14-year-old boy, I asked him if it was dirt, or was there something going on with his toenails that we perhaps needed to address.

He smiled a little -- just a little -- and muttered, "Sharpie."

I see.

Me: "Were you going for the Goth pedicure look?"
Him: "No. I was REALLY bored."

I'll bet.

5 Comments:

At Thu Aug 02, 10:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait till this kid gets to college and the sharpie ends up on his face. HAHAHAHA.

 
At Thu Aug 02, 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you order a quantative ultra-sensitive sharpie level (qus-S)?

 
At Fri Aug 03, 03:38:00 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Naw, this doc doesn't ask for unnecessary investigations.

 
At Fri Aug 03, 06:13:00 AM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

Actually, I ordered a brain scan.

Result: "Nothing found."

 
At Sun Aug 05, 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Dino, don't you know kids don't actually grow a brain (or personality) until they're 21?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home