Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Wait a Minute

Commercial for Match.com:
We're so sure you'll meet someone special within 6 months that if you don't, we'll give you 6 months free.
Let me see if I've got this: If it doesn't work in six months, you should try it for another six months. WTF?

Sounds suspiciously like the patient who demanded antibiotics, then called when she didn't feel better:
That medicine didn't do anything. You have to give me more of it.
WTF?

Wasn't it Albert Einstein who defined psychosis as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

6 Comments:

At Tue Oct 30, 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Northwoods Baby said...

When restaurants or airlines make our life a living hell, then offer a discount the next time we require their services, I like to point out that if I ever require this kind of service, I'd prefer to save the money and hit myself with a hammer.


Okay, I don't say that, but I WANT to.

 
At Tue Oct 30, 09:15:00 AM, Blogger tk said...

Damn. I guess I'll stay away from Match.com . . . I'm not so crazy about antibiotics either.

Hmmmm, speaking of dating, there's a book I need to get . . .

 
At Tue Oct 30, 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Wasn't it Albert Einstein who defined psychosis as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Ahhh, this explains so much...

 
At Tue Oct 30, 04:10:00 PM, Blogger BranvanBen said...

but once you get into quantum physics, you can get different results

wait...this explains a lot about quantum physicists

 
At Wed Oct 31, 08:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I have seen as the quote from Einstein is that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

 
At Fri Nov 02, 07:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little off topic but reminds me of one opera anecdote about a questionable performance of Pagliacci in a small town in Italy. The last part of it goes something like this:

"... Then comes the poor soprano and makes a rough job of the ballatella. Jeers and yells from the orchestra, but strangely from the gallery come the cries of "brava" and "bis" demanding an encore. She grants the encore no less unevenly as before after which surprisingly there is more applause from the gallery. "basta" (enough) cries the audience in the orchestra, "brava" cries the gallery. Finally a lone voice from the gallery shouts "she's got to sing it till she gets it right".

Not so crazy about the antibiotics either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home