Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another Example of the Melting Pot

I just picked up the October 1 issue of American Family Physician and couldn't help but notice the collection of authors (all MDs) in the Table of Contents:
  • Joong Mo Ahn
  • Georges Y. El-Khoury
  • Christian L. Hermansen
  • Nandini Khatkhate
  • Kevin N. Lorah
  • Kalyanakrishnan Ramakrishnan
  • Robert C. Salinas
  • Jeffrey D. Teimstra
No way you could possible match them up with the articles either (two authors apiece):
  • Bell's Palsy: Diagnosis and Management
  • Peptic Ulcer Disease
  • Radiologic Evaluation of Chronic Foot Pain
  • Respiratory Distress in the Newborn
Assuming all are American, I think that's a pretty cool collection of names, and speaks well to the diversity of Family Practice.

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 26, 01:36:00 AM, Blogger tk said...

I know how you love memes . . . so tag, you're it. ;o)

It's time . . .

 
At Fri Oct 26, 08:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need a "token" Jones every now and then. :) I better start publishing more papers. But seriously, I think diversity is great.

 
At Fri Oct 26, 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

It doesn't matter to me what color docs are or where they come from. As a patient, I only have two criteria; that they know what they're doing and that I can understand them. I'll never forget taking the wrong dosage on a med because the doc's accent was so thick that I misunderstood him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home