Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Doing His Part

Had a conversation with the Jock this evening on the topic of Thanksgiving. I asked if he had any specific requests for dishes he'd like along with the turkey and stuffing we're planning to make. He made some suggestions, leading me to find a way to inquire about whether he would be willing to help out in the kitchen.

Unfortunately, what I actually said was, "Would there be any chance of you doing anything for Thanksgiving OTHER than sitting down at the table and eating dinner?"

Ever helpful, he responded:
"I can watch football."
I admit, it was a magnificent straight line that I lobbed gently to him; trust him to hit it out of the park.

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 16, 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Cheryll said...

Chip off the old block, no doubt. LOL

 
At Sat Nov 17, 03:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is exactly the same contribution my husband makes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home