Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

When Dumb Men do Smart Things

One of my employees called yesterday to tell us she would be late: she couldn't find her car keys.

She had scoured her house, purse and car; had re-traced her steps over and over; they were nowhere to be found. She swapped cars with her daughter (after numerous phone calls finagling the daughter a ride) and finally made it in, late and angry.

She had finally remembered that her husband had taken her car on an errand the night before and was certain he had gone off to work in the morning with the keys in his pocket. By the end of the day she had calmed down some, but I would not have looked forward to being him that evening.

Turns out he did indeed have the car keys. It also turned out that he was well aware of how upset she was about how inconvenienced she'd been (they've been married 25 years.) So on his way in through the laundry room, he met their older son, handed the keys to him and said, "Tell Mom you had these all day."

The kid had no idea what was going on, and is a terrible liar to boot. But a good laugh was had by all.

7 Comments:

At Wed Nov 07, 09:14:00 PM, Blogger tk said...

LMAO!!! "R" and I are cracking up!

 
At Wed Nov 07, 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

(I can never find my car keys. Does that make me dumb? :( )

:P

 
At Thu Nov 08, 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

By golly, that's a man who thinks quickly on his feet.

 
At Thu Nov 08, 04:57:00 PM, Blogger Zany Mom said...

I wish I could blame my missing car keys on some dumb man...

;)

 
At Thu Nov 08, 07:56:00 PM, Blogger MarlaQuack said...

I'm thinking he should have thought a little quicker and picked up some flowers or something.

Good One! I'll not be giving anyone here any ideas though.

 
At Fri Nov 09, 01:00:00 AM, Blogger Dreaming again said...

0.0

 
At Fri Nov 09, 03:41:00 AM, Blogger SeaSpray said...

very funny! Flowers idea would be sweet or something but then the laugh they shared...even better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home