Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Impoverished Obituary

I sent a link to the previous post to the author of "The Impoverished Student's Book of Cookery, Drinkery and Housekeepery" with the subject line, "Fan Mail." Today I received this:
Dear Dinosaur,

Thank you so much for your great fan mail message to my father. Sadly, dad passed away from cancer a little more than a year ago. But, as your email proves, his indefatigable wit will continue to amuse and inspire readers of all ages for generations to come.

...Interestingly, you created the post the day after what would have been my father’s 67th birthday. It’s a great gift to those of us who cherish his memory, and I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your musings about his work.

Warm regards,

[his daughter]
Bummer!

Rest in peace, Dr. Rosenberg. As long as there are colleges and beer, your wit and wisdom will truly live forever.

1 Comments:

At Mon Apr 27, 07:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dino - wow. I bet Dr. Rosenberg's daughter was so thrilled to see your homage. Gone but not forgotten, even by strangers.

The timing was interesting, as well. So cool how these things happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home