Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

You Know You're Getting Old When...

Heading out to watch the Jock's Ultimate Frisbee team (which includes a sophomore with the same given name as the Jock) play a tournament, I arrived a little after they started. This meant he was busy, so I didn't go bother him. Instead I hung out on the sidelines, where there were a number of new players I hadn't yet met.

One of them asked me who I was, so I replied, "I'm the Jock's mom."

Her response: "Sophomore Jock? Or the other Jock?"

"The other Jock"? The other Jock. The *other* Jock.

There you have it. The poor kid only missed graduation by one year, and he's already "the other" Jock. Four years he's put his heart and soul into this team, and now he's just "the other Jock." Last year he was the team captain; this year he's "the other Jock."

Heh.


(In case you hadn't figured it out, the title of this post refers to the kid, not to me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home