Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, September 28, 2007

True Story

This is one of those things you hear about, as in "someone told me that someone told me that someone really said it." In this case, it happened to a real honest to goodness person (if you consider lawyers to be people, that is) whose name I know (quite well) but cannot share for privacy concerns. But really! It really happened!

The setting: Lawyer being deposed about something that happened a decade ago.

Q. Mr. Smith, at one time was Mr. Wesson a partner of yours?
A. Yes.
Q. Is he still a partner of yours?
A. No.
Q. Could you tell me why not?
A. One reason is that he's deceased.

Wouldn't you have loved to be a little devil on the shoulder of the questioner and urged him to ask, "Are there any other reasons?"


5 Comments:

At Fri Sep 28, 08:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty funny!! I didn't realize that non-medical anecdotes were fodder for your blog as well.... That raises interesting possibilities.

Have fun at the 85th & kiss everyone for me.

(Regular readers of this blog & its comments will realize that that last sentence isn't as inappropriately over-familiar as it sounds.)

 
At Fri Sep 28, 09:22:00 AM, Blogger William the Coroner said...

This is why sworn testimony is such a minefield for a smart-arse such as myself.

 
At Sun Sep 30, 06:42:00 AM, Blogger Synchronicity said...

Hello...I am new to your blog and wanted to say that I am a new fan. I love your site and I am glad you are writing.

I am particularly interested in your piece about "positive thinking" and how it makes some patients feel worse to have someone demand that they be "positive" in order to cure themselves. I was hoping you could stop by my blog and add your two cents to my latest post about this topic. I have MS and I am writing about my experiences.

 
At Sun Sep 30, 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Verrrrry funny.

 
At Mon Oct 01, 05:02:00 AM, Blogger Zipperhead said...

LOL! I appreciate the laugh today. :)

-Zipperhead/Keesha
http://chiarian.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home