Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Delightfully Palindromic

The Rank number of my book at Amazon.com goes up and down like a pogo stick on steroids, a phenomenon I'm told is perfectly normal. The best I've seen it is in the 100,000's, a range I've also been told is pretty good. The only reason I point this out is that at this moment, it reads the same backwards as it does forward:
#117,711

(h/t to GHS for making me find such inherently boring things like this so inordinately interesting)

6 Comments:

At Mon Aug 31, 04:30:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Having never written a book, I know very little about how these things work, but - I assume you have little to no control over whether your book ever becomes available for the Kindle? I love my Kindle and I have too many dead-tree books and not enough space...

 
At Mon Aug 31, 04:39:00 PM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

I've been told that the book has been queued for Kindle conversion, but neither I nor the publisher has any control over the timing.

 
At Tue Sep 01, 02:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, you sound like Dad. When he left here after supper last night, he told me that his car's odometer was almost at 66,666. (The devil's mileage, I told him.) So I had to worry that he was so busy watching the odometer that he wouldn't pay sufficient attention to Beltway traffic. Luckily, my worries were unfounded (as is usual when it comes to Dad) and he made it home safely, probably to call you & tell you his big 66,666 news which may have triggered this blog entry.

Love,

Kensington MD (still clinging precariously to my precious sliver of semi-anonymity)

 
At Tue Sep 01, 02:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I just had to check, and so I now have good news and bad news. The bad news is that this:

3,707,535

is the amazon.com ranking for my book.

The good news is that's NOT my mileage.

Love,

Kensington MD

 
At Tue Sep 08, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

A pogo stick on steroids! That's too funny...

 
At Fri Sep 11, 07:07:00 AM, Anonymous Lululemon athletica said...

thanks for this information. its really very fantastic book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home