Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Translating Gibberish

I found this via Google Alerts. Someone (swear to Deity not me) appears to have translated the Laws of the Dinosaur into another language, and then back again. Verbatim:
  1. The skillfulness of drug consists of amusing the patients while constitution takes its traversal.
  2. It is unfeasible to make tracks an asymptomatic passive conjecture bigger.
  3. The imperativeness of the investigation is inversely analogous to the IQ of the indemnity congress preauthorization clerk.
  4. There is no marinate for the benefit dopey.
  5. Bad things absolutely do come about to fit people.
  6. The bigger the surgeon, the more careful he is to conduct.
  7. Part A: Mostly it has to be control up to deriding. Part B: If it isn’t control up to deriding, probe Part A.
  8. Half of what is said in medical procedure of life is illicit, but no entire knows which half.
  9. Poor planning on your duty does not constitute a dilemma on my duty.
  10. A louse-infested concept held via myriad people for the benefit a great continually is unmoving a louse-infested concept.
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

(Original laws on the sidebar, between Author Events and Contact Me.)

7 Comments:

At Wed Aug 19, 01:17:00 PM, Anonymous Celeste said...

Hmmm. This reminds me of those links that let you translate something into Ghetto, Redneck, or Pirate.

The one you posted is almost like some of those Chinese translations ("blow horn loudly" becomes "tootle with vigor", for example) you see in Reader's Digest or something.

 
At Wed Aug 19, 07:44:00 PM, Anonymous tom said...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot-you forgot Oscar

 
At Wed Aug 19, 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Allie said...

The back translation is funny, I have to admit. I mean, you can't not laugh at, "There is no marinate for the benefit dopey." That is utterly ridiculous. I can't even figure out which rule that was supposed to mean.

 
At Thu Aug 20, 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Celeste said...

@Allie:

There is no marinate for the benefit dopey.

There is no cure for stupid.

Marinate/cure
dopey/stupid

No idea how benefit got in there!

 
At Thu Aug 20, 11:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But #4 is by far my favorite.

 
At Thu Aug 20, 05:28:00 PM, Blogger Shay said...

I think I want Rule #7 on a coffee mug.

 
At Sat Aug 22, 09:49:00 AM, Blogger Hey, You said...

That's hilarious! I found something in there to use, though. Next time I think something's a bad idea, I'm going to call it a louse-infested concept. That is so much more colorful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home