Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Digest This

Maureen Mackey, of Reader's Digest Book Fare blog, has this to say about my book:

Do you feel fine? Really? Or are you ignoring a physical symptom (small, big, or somewhere in between) that's been nagging you?

Either way, check out this captivating insight from a new book, Declarations of a Dinosaur: 10 Laws I've Learned as a Family Doctor by Lucy E. Hornstein, M.D. (Kaplan Publishing, August 09, $24.95)
That would be from the Second Law of the Dinosaur: It is impossible to make an asymptomatic patient feel better.

Go read it (if you haven't yet).



Oh, by the way:

Thanks so much to whoever left the wonderful message on my home answering machine last night telling me how much you enjoyed the book, how amazing it was and what a great job I did on it.

Um, just one thing though: I'm so sorry I didn't recognize your voice. Who are you?

5 Comments:

At Tue Aug 25, 09:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will your book ever be released for the Kindle? I keep waiting for it, but still not available.

 
At Tue Aug 25, 10:03:00 AM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

Unfortunately, I have no control over that. :(

 
At Tue Aug 25, 10:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is no Kindle version soon I will just buy the physical book then. I have found that with my Kindle I have greatly cut down on the clutter of buying so many books, not to mention that when I go somewhere I can have dozens of books with me. Yours is the first book that I have really wanted to read that had no Kindle version :(

 
At Tue Aug 25, 11:05:00 AM, Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

I've just been told that it has been sent for Kindle conversion, but that we (neither I nor the publisher) has any control over the timing; just that it is in the queue.

 
At Tue Aug 25, 12:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the info. I will be checking for it daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home