Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

T-Shirt Musings

The highest grossing restaurant in McLean, Virginia is called the McLean Family Restaurant. I was there for breakfast this morning wearing my new favorite t-shirt, which has this design on the front:

The shirt never fails to get attention and frequent comments. Many people want to know where I got it (Amorphia Apparel). Many more just smile and nod. Both happened today at breakfast, along with a couple of, shall we say, more interactive reactions.

One person just looked at it, smiled and said, "Nothing?"

Understanding instantly what he was referring to, I answered immediately and assertively, "Nothing! Nothing at all. Not one moment!"

But the best was also the last. As I waited for the rest of my dining party to exit the restaurant, I accepted several more compliments from prospective diners waiting to enter. Then one man looked at me quizzically and said, "Your name wouldn't happen to be Cheney, would it?"


At Mon Aug 03, 09:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, if it was Cheney the rat's butt would be in the trap.


Post a Comment

<< Home