Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

T-Shirt Musings

The highest grossing restaurant in McLean, Virginia is called the McLean Family Restaurant. I was there for breakfast this morning wearing my new favorite t-shirt, which has this design on the front:

The shirt never fails to get attention and frequent comments. Many people want to know where I got it (Amorphia Apparel). Many more just smile and nod. Both happened today at breakfast, along with a couple of, shall we say, more interactive reactions.

One person just looked at it, smiled and said, "Nothing?"

Understanding instantly what he was referring to, I answered immediately and assertively, "Nothing! Nothing at all. Not one moment!"

But the best was also the last. As I waited for the rest of my dining party to exit the restaurant, I accepted several more compliments from prospective diners waiting to enter. Then one man looked at me quizzically and said, "Your name wouldn't happen to be Cheney, would it?"

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 03, 09:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, if it was Cheney the rat's butt would be in the trap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home