Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Envelope Please

And so we come to the end of a week of oh-so-elegant missives; letters that say "Fuck Off and Die" without garnering so much as a PG rating (for the most part.) I want to thank all who submitted their letters, whether created for the occasion or pulled from a file cabinet somewhere. Each was indeed unique and wonderful. I think you all should give yourselves a big hand ... and then pitch in to replace the keyboards you made me ruin with nasal emissions of coffee, cocoa and other assorted beverages.

So without further ado, the winners (links included):

Honorable mentions:
  • For pulling no punches: #1 and #26
  • For Romance: #10 and #16
  • Didactic: #8 (for big words) and #33 (for big sentences)
  • Medical: #13, #27 and #32
  • Literary: #19, followed closely by #21
  • Caffeinated Sinus Lavage (snorted with the first sentence): #20
The Runners Up (in NO particular order):
And finally.......

The First Place, Grand Prize Winner, the FOAD to truly end any and all other FOADs:

You have a rare talent. If you are not otherwise employed, may I suggest contacting Medblog Addict for a job at her firm, where I have no doubt your amazing skills would be put to excellent use. Congratulations.

Again, many thanks to all who entered, read and enjoyed.

We now return to our regular blogging schedule already in progress.

10 Comments:

At Wed Feb 07, 04:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm honored. There were a lot of excellent entries, and I'm sure it was a tough decision.

 
At Wed Feb 07, 05:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was my choice as well . . . thankfully I wasn't drinking anything when I read it! LMAO

 
At Wed Feb 07, 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Bo... said...

(clap, clap, clap) (applause, applause, applause) (whistle, whistle whistle) Yaaaaaay, everybody!! This was a fun contest.

 
At Wed Feb 07, 06:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! This was also my favorite. Congrats #11.

 
At Wed Feb 07, 07:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The contest was a blast. And great stress reliever.

 
At Wed Feb 07, 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wed Feb 07, 08:34:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Classic, poetic, to the point, eloquent. I missed your FOAD deadline, but I did manage to take the idea of FOAD to heart on my own blog with respect to a, ah, deserving party. Thank you, #1Dinosaur, for the cartharsis.

 
At Thu Feb 08, 03:25:00 AM, Blogger oshee said...

This was a lot of fun. I've enjoyed reading them all.
And thanks for the Honorable Mention too!
#8

 
At Thu Feb 08, 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Sten Düring said...

Thank you for taking the time.

It has been a fun experience as well as a lot of fun reads.

And a honorable mention to boot.

Sten

 
At Fri Feb 09, 07:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, it was fun reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home