Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let's Hear it for Bronze

I won!

Okay, it was third place in a sub-24-hour haiku writing contest by the amazing Janet Reid.

Still!

I saw this yesterday, and jumped on it, promptly sending my entry. Today I slowly scrolled down the results, realizing that the longer I went without seeing my name, the better the potential outcome. Scrolling...scrolling...there it was!

Like I said, it was third place. But trust me, Janet got a ton of entries (she always does for these things) and not all of them even got onto the blog. So I did a little Snoopy dance of happiness and got on with my day.

Now that I'm out of the closet, in the blogging sense, I can also announce with pride that Janet is my amazing agent. By the principle of reciprocity, this also makes me one of her fabulous clients, as can be seen here. Seeing that post produced more than just a little Snoopy dance, let me tell you. I may have been a doctor for over twenty years, but as a writer, I'm finally on my way!

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 12, 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your glib little quill, Lucy. Hey, don't you owe me a margarita for the intro between you and Janet? Nevermind, I'll make Janet buy since I'll be at the Alaska Writers Conference with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home