Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

FOAD #16

I think I stayed in that hotel too:

To Whom It May Concern:

We would love to share with you our unique honeymoon experience at your Sandals Resort.

We wanted a honeymoon that we could eat breakfast on the balcony, watch the ocean with drinks on the balcony, and have romantic candlelight dinners on the balcony. See the pattern?

When we entered our room we were excited to go out to the balcony. We were surprised to see a massive construction project with bulldozer, dump truck, and a dozen workers digging and working on the grounds, (this wasn’t in the brochure). Our balcony experience was going to be shared with the locals—a bonus I had not considered in my honeymoon fantasy.

We immediately requested another room. We were shown two rooms that you must market to those who have an aversion to sunlight; we opted to keep the room where we were the view.

That night I was awoken at 2 am by Chinese water-torture. I got out of bed and found myself standing in water. This is an island, rain happens. I would expect that the rooms would be built to keep the water out; I guess you wanted us to have the FULL island experience.

We want to thank you for showing us that we do not have to ever spend $5K again with any of your resorts, as we can stay at home and have the same experiences, just need to walk past construction workers in a rainstorm, what fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home