Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

FOAD #14

It's called "cephalo-rectal intussusception":

I have been a platinum flier with {Airline} for 5 years now and have flown with many great flight attendants. Not this time, though.

On November 12th I flew on {Airline} from Boston to Detroit, departing at 6 a.m. For a variety of reasons, none important to this complaint, by the time I got to my seat in first class on the plane I was in a terrible mood and wanted a drink.

I politely ordered a screw driver from the lead flight attendant, Bobby.

He brought it. I thanked him. And then he spent 10 to 15 minutes standing at the front of the plane commenting loudly and repeatedly to the other flight attendants about how revolting and disgusting it was that anyone would drink that that hour.

He also insulted another passenger who boarded the plane and wanted help finding his seat. After directing him, he commented to another attendant "Why take the bus when you can fly us?"--clearly implying that the passenger wasn't "classy" enough to be on Bobby's plane.

I was horrified by his rude and unprofessional behavior. I am shocked that, with so many flight
attendants out of work, this is the caliber of flight attendant still working at {Major Airline}. I am angry at having been treated this way, and embarrassed that it was done so publicly and with such spite. And I am embarrassed for the other passenger who was also publicly insulted.

I just thought {Airline} would like to know.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 03, 12:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Non-Deceased-Dinosaur, I think you may need to institute beverage warnings prior to your commentary as well. I'm laughing my ass off at "cephalo-rectal intussusception."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home