Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

FOAD #11

Beverage alert:

Dear Customer Service:

First, I want to thank you for sending me a toner cartridge when I ordered one from your site. It means your employees are capable of such activities as "putting object in box" and "putting box on truck." Those homes that help find jobs for mentally challenged adults really are a great idea.

But, and this is only a suggestion, you might want to make sure the toner cartridge you send your customer is the one that actually works with the printer in question, especially after the customer has already contacted you once regarding the mistake. I know it can be difficult to look at the model number on the side of the packaging (1710589) and compare it to the model number I told you I needed (1710587), so here's a hint: The number seven (7) is different from the number nine (9). There are similarities. I sympathize, trust me. When I was learning to count, I got them confused, too. Fortunately, I had a really good kindergarten teacher.

I thought I should let you know that after you ignored my requests via your online form to call me that I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge. If one digit on a model number is too complicated to deal with, I didn't want to think what you guys would go through trying to handle money.

I hope you don't mind receiving this letter via email. I would mail it, but my printer doesn't work.

6 Comments:

At Sat Feb 03, 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah. I really love this one.

 
At Sat Feb 03, 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Price said...

Excellent! Been there, done that.

 
At Sat Feb 03, 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best one yet. Subtle, clever, cutting.

 
At Sat Feb 03, 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Felix Kasza said...

"... but my printer doesn't work."

Pure gold!

 
At Tue Feb 06, 10:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! [dabs tears] Ah wow, my sides ache from laughing.

I am thoroughly enjoying reading all the entries, but this one remains my favorite.

 
At Wed Feb 07, 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Abigail S said...

Great letter! Def. worthy of winning Dr. Dino's best FOAD letter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home